The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) is a nationally incorporated charity with chapters in 13 cities across Canada. We are currently seeking teachers to join our team at the MAC Islamic School, in Calgary, Alberta.
MAC Islamic School is looking for exceptional, dynamic, qualified, and experienced Alberta Certified Homeroom Teachers for Grades 1 to 6.
You must hold a valid Alberta permanent or interim teaching certificate.
- Alberta Teaching certification (required)
- Outstanding teaching evaluations and professional letters of reference
- Experience teaching literacy and numeracy
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding instructional and classroom management skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with students
- Comfort and competency working with computers and other technologies to support student learning
- Ability to respect and value all individuals with sensitivity to diversity
Application Form and other Documents:
- Cover letter
- References (post interview)
- Police check – working with vulnerable populations (prior to employment)
Requirements and Qualities
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with a flexible, versatile, and positive approach to new assignments
- Effective communication skills with administration, students, and parents
- Respect for Islamic faith and culture
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward achieving curriculum goals and objectives as per lessons.
- Employs instructional methods and materials deemed appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clear whiteboard, etc.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Ensures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Performs duties like monitor students, such as outdoor supervision.
- Familiar with the emergency evacuation routes and the nearest exit to the classroom assigned.
- Takes appropriate measures when handling student conflict, disruption and/or misbehavior.
- Follows school procedures and regulations.
Contract length: 10 months
Expected start date: 2023-08-24
Expected end date: 2024-06-26
Job type: Full-time, Contract