YORK CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applications for the position of:
PLANNER AND PROJECT ANALYST
Exempt Level 5 - Salary Range: $34.11 to $43.85 (hourly rate)
(21-month contract position)
POSITION SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the Manager, Planning Services, the Planner and Project Analyst will actively participate in the creating and updating of enrolment projections, defining school boundaries, developing accommodation proposals, reviewing development applications and assist with leases, licenses and shared use agreements.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Review, research and analyze various municipal development applications, zoning by-laws, Official Plans to determine impact on school facilities and to ensure appropriate planning for future accommodation requirements for YCDSB students.
- Review, analyze and update school boundaries, report findings and prepare revised boundary maps as required.
- Prepare maps, charts, studies, reports for presentation to the Board, committees or public meetings.
- Participate on various committees and liaise with various stakeholders such as parents, administrators, municipal staff, School Councils and members of the development industry.
- Monitor new residential developments within York Region and maintain databases and boundary maps accordingly.
- Assist and support in assessing the need for future accommodation solutions and identifying potential impact to existing facilities.
- Assist and support the development, modification and administration of leases, licenses and shared use agreements to support K to 12 programs, Continuing Education, property management and facility and community partnerships.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- University Degree in Planning, Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or related equivalent.
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in planning, policy and project management.
- Experience co-ordinating or leading multi-stakeholder projects and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research and evaluation methods, including experience interpreting and reporting statistical, demographic and socio-economic data, and writing detailed reports and proposals.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS) would be an asset.
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on May 29, 2023.
Thank you for your application.
We appreciate your interest in the York Catholic District School Board, however, only applicants selected to continue to the interview process will be contacted by Human Resources.
Commitment to Equity
YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of diversity and employment equity and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve.
We are proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We are committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, and ethnic visible minorities.
The Board is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive workplace.. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC)
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit an Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) through Sterling Backcheck prior to commencing employment with the Board (valid if issued within the last 12 months).
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Frank Alexander Domenic Scuglia
Chair of the Board Director of Education