Coquitlam School District invites applications from individuals for the position of HVAC Mechanic II. As the third largest school district in the province, we are located within a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 32,000 students with approximately 4300 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
The HVAC Mechanic II reports to the Manager of Maintenance and the Trades Supervisor –Mechanical and provides heating, ventilation, and air conditioning task with a minimum of supervision.
- Installing, servicing, and repairing heating and ventilation equipment such as boilers, heating, and exhaust fans, circulating pumps, hot water tanks, and natural gas and propane equipment.
- Repairing and calibrating pneumatic and electronic controls and thermostats.
- Performing air balancing of building heating and ventilating systems.
- Performing preventative maintenance by visual inspections as required and periodically as established by a preventive maintenance program.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies/materials to complete necessary maintenance & installations.
- Reading and interpreting plans, drawings and specifications of district buildings and facilities.
- Providing estimates and advice on HVAC projects.
- Monitoring, identifying and correcting problems in school heating and ventilation systems by means of computerized direct digital control (DDC) systems.
- Supervising uncertified tradesmen when they are assigned to assist.
- Operating power and manual tools related to the job.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- British Columbia Certificate of Trades Qualification (TQ) in plumbing, refrigeration, or HVAC plus Class “A” gas fitting ticket.
- Minimum of three (3) years proven experience in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system maintenance incl a minimum of two (2) years’ experience using DDC systems.
- Recent related experience.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A valid BC class 5 driver’s license.
We offer an attractive benefit package which includes, MSP, life insurance, extended health, dental, pension (MPP) and a long-term disability plan. The successful applicant will have to complete two criminal record checks. This is a unionized position which offers $43.39 per hour. (40 hours a week).
To apply, please click on the following link and create a user account/profile. https://ejp.sd43.bc.ca/postings/Account/Login
Once you have completed your profile you will have access to the job postings.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
All applicants are advised that they must sign a release to permit a criminal review prior to confirmation of hiring. We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.