YORK CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applications for the position of:
Instructor and/or Supply Instructor - International Languages
Arabic, Armenian, Cantonese, Farsi, Greek, Gujarati, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Urdu
Fall 2023/ Winter 2024/Summer 2024
$30.77 per hour
Effective Dates Hours
Saturdays - September 30, 2023 - June 8, 2024 9:30 am – 12:00 pm or 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm (onsite and remote)
Tues or Thurs - October 3, 2023- May 9, 2024 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm (remote only)
Remote Learning and In-Person Sites
- Deliver non-credit virtual International Languages Program to students (grades JK to 8)
- Teach students at various levels of speaking, reading, and writing in the language of instruction
- Assist students in their development of social, communication, and cooperative skills
- Communicate with Continuing Education Principal, Supervisor and Lead Instructor as required
- Submit accurate attendance records as required
- Contact parents before the commencement of the program to confirm student placement and communicate as required
- Discuss any concerns with the student’s parents, Lead Instructor, Supervisor, and/or Continuing Education Principal
- Be able to commit to the duration of the program
Required Qualifications and Experience:
● Experience working with students and knowledge of differentiated instruction
● Excellent verbal and written knowledge of the language being taught
● Excellent classroom management skills
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Ability to deliver visual arts, and/or drama activities with the students
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
● Previous experience in teaching with YCDSB Continuing Education programs
● Previous experience teaching International Languages or other non-credit elementary programs
● Teacher training and/or training in language teaching methodologies
● Recognized university degree
● Instructor training program offered by Ontario school boards
For curriculum information only please contact Christine deHaas, Continuing Education, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Catholic Education Center 905-713-1211, ext. 13633.
Emailed or faxed applications will no longer be accepted.
Thank you for your application.
We appreciate your interest in the York Catholic District School Board, however, only applicants selected to continue to the interview process will be contacted by Human Resources.
Commitment to Equity
YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of diversity and employment equity and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve.
We are proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We are committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, and ethnic visible minorities.
The Board is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive workplace.. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
Vulnerable Sector Screening
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Elizabeth Crowe John De Faveri
Chair of the Board Interim Director of Education