YORK CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites Applications for the position of:
Saturday Supply International Language Instructors for Various Languages
(Croatian, Farsi, Filipino, Greek, Korean, Malayalam, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Urdu, Vietnamese)
RATE OF PAY: $ 30.77 per hour
EFFECTIVE : As required
- Experience working with children
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of the language applied for
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- An understanding of effective pedagogical practices
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Previous experience teaching International Languages
- Ability to integrate cultural and linguistic activities into the classroom
- International Languages Training Course Certificate
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- All duties related to the planning, organization and supervision of classroom instruction
- Maintaining a daily log of activities, lessons and student attendance
- Instruct children at various levels of linguistic competence
- Implement a communicative language curriculum
- Assist students in the development of interpersonal, intercultural, and cooperative skills
- Participate in extracurricular activities
Thank you for your application.
We appreciate your interest in the York Catholic District School Board, however, only applicants selected to continue to the interview process will be contacted by Human Resources.
Commitment to Equity
YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of diversity and employment equity and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve.
We are proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We are committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, and ethnic visible minorities.
The Board is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive workplace.. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC)
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit an Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) through Sterling Backcheck prior to commencing employment with the Board (valid if issued within the last 12 months).
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Frank Alexander Domenic Scuglia
Chair of the Board Director of Education