YORK CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applications for the position of:
Shortlist for: Elementary School Principal
The Successful Candidate will be placed on the shortlist for a maximum of 3 years. Any candidates not placed within this period of time will have to reapply to the position.
The Successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- A desire and ability to foster a Catholic Learning Community, through leadership and collaboration;
- Commitment to the York Catholic District School Board’s Mission and Vision and Strategic Commitments; and
- Leadership qualities/abilities.
- Part III of the Religious Education Course (equivalency or commitment to completion of same or another approved program (eg. The Catholic Leadership Program offered at St. Michael’s University of Toronto);
- A participating member of a Catholic worshipping community as attested by your Parish priest;
- Ontario School Principal's Qualifications Part I and Part II as per Ontario Regulation 176/10 (Teachers’ Qualifications) made under the Ontario College of Teachers' Act; Note: Candidates who are currently enrolled in the PQP and are within two years of completion may apply and be considered for the position in accordance with Ontario Regulation 298 (Operation of Schools – General) made under the Education Act;
- Completion of the YCDSB Discernment Series for Aspiring Principals prior to placement;
- Part I of the Special Education Course or the Special Education for Administrators AQ Course;
- A minimum of eight years of successful experience in education – seven years as a teacher and a minimum of one year in the role of Vice Principal;
- Positive recommendation from principal and appropriate Supervisory Officer; and
- Additional general criteria as outlined in Board Policy 405A “Appointments to Positions of Administrative Responsibility”, located at www.ycdsb.ca.
- Strong humanitarian and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team, motivate others and build Catholic learning communities of faith;
- A strategic problem solver and systems thinker able to handle complex problems and manage stress effectively;
- Knowledge of best practices in instructional strategies, assessment and evaluation and the improvement of student achievement in schools; and
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills.
For additional information please contact Sabrina Walker, Acting Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent of Human Resources and International Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates interested in the above position are requested to submit their complete resume of qualifications and experience and a recent pastoral reference.
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on October 30, 2020
Thank you for your application.
We appreciate your interest in the York Catholic District School Board, however, only applicants selected to continue to the interview process will be contacted by Human Resources.
Commitment to Equity
YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of diversity and employment equity and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve.
We are proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We are committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, and ethnic visible minorities.
The Board is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive workplace.. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
Vulnerable Sector Screening
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Maria Marchese Mary Battista
Chair of the Board Interim Director