The Peel District School Board (PDSB) is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 150,000 students in over 250 schools. At PDSB, everything we do is designed to help all students achieve to the best of their ability. We have the incredible opportunity to inspire a smile in each student. Our collective, daily efforts make a positive difference in the lives of our students, their families and the world. Guided by our mission, vision and values, we build positive places for learning and working ... together at www.peelschools.org
(Permanent and Temporary Positions - Full time and Part time)
Job Duties/Responsibilities and Details:
Reporting to the Chief Psychologist, Psycho-educational Consultants provide a wide variety of psychological services to individual students, groups of students, families, and educator teams, both inside and outside the classroom. The Psycho-educational Consultant provides professional expertise regarding learning, social, emotional and behavioural development and evidence-based, evidence-informed interventions for all students.
Your role as a school-based Psycho-educational Consultant requires you to demonstrate excellent inter-personal. organizational and time management skills, creativity, flexibility, and commitment in order to improve the lives and educational outcomes for students. You will provide assessment, consultation, counselling intervention, and support for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, in regular class and special education class settings. You will provide professional development for others in the school and Board-wide as required and involvement in preventative programs and other local and regional initiatives as they are developed.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates must have the following qualifications/experience
- Master's or Doctoral degree in an area of Applied Psychology (School, Clinical or Counseling)
- Membership, or eligibility for Membership with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, without restrictions
- Proficiency in data management, analysis, reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience providing psychological services for students (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Experience as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of mental health, special needs, behavioural assessment and programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative professional environment
- Familiarity in organization, development and participation in preventative programs (e.g. Youth Anti-Violence programs)
- A valid driver's license and use of a vehicle and willingness to work within all regions of Peel
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or environment
Commitment to Equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
We are also committed to inclusion and anti-oppression practices while also supporting the continuous growth and development of an equitable and empowered education system at the PDSB.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process; such as, test and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on Days of Significance) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
Criminal Background Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements at the CRC link.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. All communication to applicants regarding this job posting, including an invitation to complete skills assessments and/or a job interview if applicable, will be made through email. Candidates are encouraged to regularly check their email as listed on their applytoeducation.com account.