The Anglophone North School District is accepting applications for Casual Educational Assistants.
Employment as a Casual Educational Assistant
The Educational Assistant works under the supervision and direction of the student's classroom teacher(s), resource teacher, principal and/or other professional staff. Educational Assistants are employed by school districts to support the inclusion and the special education goals of students who have been deemed exceptional according to the Education Act.
Educational Assistants have become valuable members of the educational support staff for students with special academic, physical and/or behavioral needs. Often the support provided by an Educational Assistant is the essential component in the successful inclusion of special needs students.
Hours worked vary from 3-6 per day and starting and ending times vary according to the school and the student’s needs.
Casual Educational Assistants
- As the need arises, all Casual Educational Assistant (C.E.A.) applications are screened by a district team.
- Only the highest-ranking applications of all the submissions are selected for further processing.
- Successful candidates’ names go on a Supply database.
- The C.E.A. database is renewed annually in August and is updated regularly throughout the school year.
- C.E.A.'s can be called either on a day to day basis or for short to long term positions depending on the need.
- C.E.A.'s are used to replace absent (permanent) Educational Assistants or in a newly identified position until that position has been properly advertised.
- C.E.A.'s may select designated school areas where they want to work. This will be indicated on the database.
- C.E.A.'s may apply for any newly identified internal/external E.A. positions that are advertised to the general public in the newspaper or online. C.E.A.'s do have job rights over the public applicants.
- The minimum criteria is one year post-secondary training and experience in a related field.
- Diplomas or Certificates obtained via on-line institutions are NOT accepted as post-secondary training.
- Examples of related fields are programs or degrees in Early Childhood, Youth Care, Human Services, Educational Assistants, etc. Courses are offered through community colleges, institutes, and universities.
- Examples of related experience are jobs in Youth Care, Group Homes, Support Services, Relief Care, Supported Employment, or Training Centers.
- Candidates who have not worked in a related field of study but possess other post-secondary programming may be required to complete academic testing.
- Selected candidates must successfully pass Personal and Criminal Reference Checks and Policy 701 Student Protection Policy Training before being hired or added to the database.
- Must be knowledgeable about and abide by the Department of Education's Educational Assistant Guidelines for Standards and Evaluations.
- Only programs from recognized post-secondary institutions will be accepted.
Mandatory Documents include: (Only completed applications will be considered)
Application for employment (Upload to supporting documents) http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2019/Apr/application_for_employment_approved_by_stewart_2019.pdf
Resume (Upload to Resume and Cover Letters folder)
Two Work Related References with contact information (reference checks must be sent directly to the district) http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2021/Jan/reference_check_non-teaching_form.pdf
Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check - no more than 6 months old. (upload to Criminal Background Check (VSS) folder).
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK
POLICY 701- (Review and complete questionnaire- Upload the completed form with your signature and date to the Additional Documents folder under Supporting Documents) http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2020/Dec/policy_701_instructions.pdf
POLICY 702 and 703 - Release and Authorization Agreement Tobacco Free Schools and Positive Learning Environment. (upload to supporting documents) http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2021/Jan/release_and_authorization_agreement.pdf
Policy 311 and Computer User Account Request Form (Please read, print, Sign and upload to Additional Documents folder under Supporting Documents) http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/human-resources/document/computer-user-account-request-form-and-policy-311
Workplace Policies http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/human-resources/document/workplace-policies (after you have completed all 3 modules, please print your certificates and sign them (upload them to the Additional Documents folder).
Confidentiality Agreement http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2020/Dec/confidentiality_agreement.pdf (print and upload to Additional Documents Folder).
ASD-N Schools CHECKLISThttp://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2021/Apr/asd-n_schools.pdf
If you are hired as a substitute/casual, you will also be asked to complete TD1 forms and a Direct Deposit Form at that time. Please see the link below to the TD1 forms. You may print and bring them with you or you will receive copies during your interview.
Direct Deposit Form http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2020/Dec/direct_deposit_form.pdf
TD1 Form http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2020/Dec/td1_canada_revenue_agency_2021_0.pdf
TD1NB Form http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2020/Dec/td1_new_brunswick.pdf
AESOP - http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/sites/asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/files/doc//y2020/Dec/substitute_quick_start_guide_english.pdf