Under the general direction of the Area and/or Evening Supervisor, the Emergency Enhanced Cleaner is responsible for maintaining cleaning of assigned areas to the prescribed standard of cleanliness according to predetermined procedures. The role would be to support the Chief Custodian with the enhanced cleaning, disinfection, and wipe down of the school. Incumbents may be moved within the Area Supervisor's zone based on operational requirements. This position will be filled in situations where there is a pandemic requiring enhanced cleanings, with higher cleaning standards expected. The Emergency Enhanced Cleaner must be committed to preventing needless waste or careless use of supplies, equipment, or other utilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge in custodial practices and equipment.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures.
- A level of reading, comprehension and writing skills sufficient to understand oral and written instructions or directions and written information regarding site activities.
- A level of mathematical skills sufficient to perform calculations such as cleaning fluids ratios.
- Ability to use electronic mail.
- This knowledge is acquired through successful completion of secondary school diploma, or equivalent. Minimum of 1 year of custodial experience is preferred.
NATURE OF POSITION:
- Up to 8 hours daily, 40 hours weekly
- The shifts range from: Monday-Friday (2:00 pm-Midnight); Weekend Shift (7:00 am-5:00 pm)
We thank all those who have expressed an interest in becoming an Emergency Enhanced Custodian, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, all newly hired Emergency Enhanced Custodians will be required to submit a Police Record Check for the vulnerable sector completed within the last 6 months.
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the OCDSB. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources, 133 Greenbank Road, Nepean, Ontario K2H 6L3.
If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in the interview process, please indicate the type of accommodation required at the time an interview is being offered.
Thank you for considering employment with the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.