Grade 2/3 Teacher (1.0 FTE Temporary)
The Chinook School Division requires a full time (1.0FTE) temporary Grade 2/3 teacher at Herbert School beginning March 15, 2021 through June 30, 2021. Herbert School is a K-12 school with approx. 205 students and 12 teachers.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and an ability to work in a team environment;
- A teaching philosophy that reflects a constructivist and cooperative learning approach;
- Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, PLC’s, professionals and community service agencies;
- Demonstrated ability to connect with youth in a student-centered learning environment in addition to having an interest or willingness to connect with students outside of the classroom;
- Knowledge of early learning and/or experience in an early learning classroom would be an asset
- Successful teaching experience or training;
- Sask. Professional A Teaching Certificate
Successful applicants must agree to a criminal records check including a vulnerable sector search. Interested applicants are asked to Apply Online via the Chinook online employment page found at www.chinooksd.ca/Employment. Please upload a cover letter addressed to Ken Garinger, Superintendent of Human Resources (indicating competition #2654), a résumé, complete with 3 references and any Supporting Documents by March 1, 2021 at 3:00PM. For more information about this position, please contact Principal, Chad Striker at (306)784-2454.
While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.