As a Catholic Learning Community, the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board provides faith formation and academic excellence, which enables our graduates to live a life of love and service in Christ.
Oui, je parle français!
The Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board (BHNCDSB) offers two different French Programs at the Elementary level – Core French and French Immersion and two French programs at the Secondary level – Core French and Extended French. Each of these programs differs in intensity but share a common purpose: To develop student’s communication skills in the French language.
Why teach French in our Board?
- French as a Second Language (FSL) Teachers have access to the most current and relevant resources that meet the curriculum expectations and support students as they build confidence with listening, speaking, reading and writing in French proficiency;
- Reimbursement for obtaining French as a Second Language, Part 1 Additional Qualification;
- Central Board staff dedicated to supporting new FSL Teachers;
- Our FSL Teachers are passionate about the French language instruction and working collaboratively to share best practices;
- FSL Teachers have access to mentorship opportunities and resources to develop and strengthen their skills and expertise;
- Our FSL Teachers contribute to a vibrant educational experience in our Core French and French Immersion programs; and
- Our FSL Teachers influence the early development of French language ability in our Core French programs.
Rejoignez-nous dans une aventure!
For more information about our French programs, please visit the Board’s French as a Second Language Programs webpage.
The BHNCDSB is currently seeking French as a Second Language teachers for Permanent Contract, Long Term Occasional, and Occasional teaching positions in our Core French, French Immersion and Extended French programs. We welcome applications from Certified Teachers, as well as education students currently in their final year of study.
Applicants interested in French Immersion may be subject to a French Fluency assessment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require accommodation for reasons of disability in the applications process, please contact Human Resource
Services – Academic Staff at 519-756-6505.