French Teachers, Occasional - Elementary
Position: Elementary Occasional French Teachers
Location: HDSB Elementary Schools in the Halton Region
[Burlington, Halton Hills (Acton & Georgetown), Oakville, Milton]
Start Date: Immediate
Hourly Rate: Daily rate of pay $239.44 (includes 4% vacation pay)
Location: [Burlington, Halton Hills (Acton & Georgetown), Milton, Oakville]
Start Date: Immediate
Work Schedule: 10 months/year, as required
Benefits of working as an Elementary Occasional French Teacher with the Halton District School Board:
- Opportunity to experience a variety of school cultures within the Board
- Experience supporting students in a broad range of age and grade levels Elementary (Grades 1 - 8);
- Experience teaching in French Immersion and Core French classrooms;
- Flexible work, choose to work when it fits with your schedule;
- Opportunity to work in a Board where collaboration, inclusion, and innovation are fostered and career growth is supported.
- Variety of work, our Elementary Occasional French Teachers have the opportunity to work at a variety of schools in a variety of locations throughout the Halton Region;
he Halton District School Board is currently seeking Elementary Occasional French teachers for our Occasional Teacher rosters. Occasional Teachers work in a variety of schools throughout the Halton Region. Occasional Teachers are eligible to accept short-term (partial day to 10 days in duration) or long-term assignments of up to one year. During the 2020-2021 school year consideration for remote working will be provided where possible.
Occasional teaching opportunities provide Teachers with the opportunity to experience working in a variety of school communities. Whether you are seeking the flexibility provided by occasional teaching or opportunities to move into long-term teaching positions, joining the Elementary French Occasional Roster is a great first step.
Prior to commencing employment with the HDSB:
- Good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers;
- FSL Part 1 or Equivalent;
- Oral and written French proficiency;
- Oral and written English proficiency;
- Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within six months).
- All applications are accepted through Apply to Education;
- Short-listed applicants are invited to complete a digital interview to assess their French and English proficiency;
- Applicants who are successful in the digital interview process will be invited to attend a virtual live interview.
Appointments are conditional upon:
- OCT Certification (Good Standing);
- FSL Part 1 or equivalent;
- Provision of an original copy of a criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening dated within 6 months;
- The Teacher continuing to hold qualifications in accordance with the Acts and Regulations administered by the Minister of Education;
- Agreement to comply with the Board’s policies, procedures and code of conduct;
- Successful completion of a probationary period in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
The Halton District School Board recognizes that, consistent with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, employment practices and procedures at all levels should reflect, demonstrate understanding of and respond to a diverse population. The Board is committed to providing a workplace environment that is fair and equitable to all.
In our efforts to ensure an inclusive, diverse and representative workforce, we will:
● value, promote and encourage the hiring of staff from under-represented communities;
● value applicants’ additional experiences, lived experience, skills, backgrounds and perspectives;
Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations for candidates who have temporary or permanent disability, or who otherwise require accommodations based on the protected grounds highlighted in the Ontario Human Rights Code in respect to the recruitment and selection process.
Ensuring the safety of our students is essential. For this reason, external applicants hired to the HDSB must provide an original copy of an acceptable criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening.
The HDSB is committed to providing a respectful and healthy work environment.
Applications submitted directly to Human Resources Department will not be processed.
We thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.