The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board is currently accepting applications from registered and qualified French Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) for casual, long-term and potential permanent positions. Successful applicants will be eligible to apply to internal long-term and permanent ECE positions as they become available.
Casual work can lead to long-term placements and eventual permanent positions. We are a large Board with an emphasis on special education. Therefore, we seek candidates who are available and wanting to work regularly. You must be available to work for a minimum of 3 days per week.
Work will be available in four geographical regions. Due to the large size of our Board, successful candidates are not expected to work in all geographical areas. Please note in your application the geographic area(s) in which you are applying to work.
- Western - Bowmanville/Courtice area
- Southern - Port Hope/Cobourg area
- Eastern - Brighton/Campbellford area
- Northern - Peterborough area
- Work collaboratively with teachers, resource personnel and support services to plan, implement and assess developmentally appropriate activities in accordance with the expectations of the Ministry of Education’s Early Learning Program;
- Develop and deliver daily learning opportunities that support and promote holistic development of children, with particular attention to individual student's diverse needs, strengths, and stages of development;
- Plan and implement activities that incorporate best practices and project-based, emergent curriculum;
- Observe, monitor and assess the skills, abilities, interests and development of students; provide written observations for reporting to parents and planning with the teacher;
- Provide and maintain a positive, healthy physical, emotional and social learning environment for all students that is reflective of KPR’s character attributes and is conducive to children’s optimal growth and development;
- Provide behaviour management and positive discipline programs for students to strengthen specific learning skills, evident within the Growing Success document;
- Work with school, Board and community resource staff to support the needs of diverse learners, including students requiring an Individual Education Plan (IEP);
- Maintain all appropriate records for students (health, attendance, etc);
- Provide emergency first aid and response procedures during regular day program to students, as required;
- Guide and assist students with washroom, dressing, and eating routines;
- Attend staff meetings, professional development meetings and workshops, as required;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the School Principal.
Education and experience for ECE positions:
- 2 (Two) year college diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Childcare experience in an educational setting
- up to 6 (Six) months of recent, related work experience with children/youth
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- French language ability (both verbal and written) is required for some positions. Please ensure you make note on your application if you are bilingual
Applications must include:
- Cover letter addressed to Kourtney MacKenzie, HR Specialist-Recruitment
- A copy of your college diploma
- A copy of your proof of registration with the College of ECEs
- A copy of relevant performance evaluation(s) and/or a copy of relevant placement evaluations,
- A copy of your current First Aid/CPR certification
Applicants who have included the above requested documentation in their application will be interviewed ahead of applicants without, if all else is equal.
References: full contact information for two references, one of whom must be your current supervisor will be requested at time of interview.
A police records check with vulnerable sector search and/or a search of the Pardoned Sexual Offenders' Database, valid within six months from date of hire is a condition of employment with the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Letters for police stations are available at our Education Centre reception at 1994 Fisher Drive in Peterborough should you wish to begin the process now.
Salary and Benefits: For salary and benefits information, refer to the CUPE 5555 Collective Agreement available at www.kprschools.ca. The positions for ECE are Band 9, step 1.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board fully supports candidates with disabilities participating in our recruitment and selection procedures. Should you require accommodations during all or any part of these processes, please advise us in advance so that we may make the necessary arrangements.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In KPRDSB this means:
- Inviting all qualified applicants to apply for all external postings.
- Identifying and removing barriers in employment policies and practices to encourage full productivity in all aspects of employment.
- Preventing and prohibiting discrimination and harassment.
- Providing employment accommodation.
- Valuing the importance of diversity, fairness and equitable employment practices.
- Adhering to the Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working with the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please check your e-mail regularly as we will use e-mail for all correspondence.