Under the direction of the Principal and the Manager of Early Learning, the Casual Early Childhood Educator works in collaboration with the classroom teacher to provide high quality and effective play-based education to support enhanced learning and cognitive, emotional and social development for Junior and Senior Kindergarten students in a full-day Early Learning Program. The Casual Early Childhood Educator may also lead an extended day program (before and/or after school) at designated sites.
The successful candidate will have completed a two-year community college program in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent. Registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators is required, or must be in progress, and a minimum of one (1) year of child care experience is required. Valid First Aid certification/CPR is required. Please ensure that you include your ECE college certificate # in your ApplyToEducation profile once you receive your registration.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of early childhood development and knowledge of elementary school operations;
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with parents, staff, and students;
- Ability to use tact, discretion, and good judgment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a multicultural environment, and the ability to respect and work with a diverse range of children and families of all backgrounds and abilities;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individual needs of children in a multi ethnic and multilingual environment;
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity;
- Ability to model healthy adult-child relationships and positive discipline;
- Adapt well to changing demands;
- Ability to work as an effective team player, work collaboratively with teaching staff to achieve goals;
- For some OCDSB schools, the position may be designated by the Employer as bilingual (English & French essential).
Nature of Position
Casual, on call, including extended day programs at various Elementary schools within the board, as needed.
The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board utilizes ApplyToEducation (ATE) to manage its applications and competition staffing processes.
This posting is intended for external applicants. If you are not an OCDSB employee click HERE to create an account on www.applytoeducation.com, then “Search Jobs” and enter keyword 2747141, search, attach your resume and apply to the position. Should you encounter any difficulties when registering through ApplyToEducation, please contact their Customer Service line Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at 1-877-900-5627 or via email at email@example.com.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the OCDSB. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources, 133 Greenbank Road, Nepean, Ontario K2H 6L3.
"Building Brighter Futures Together"