TEMPORARY SENIOR PAYROLL & BENEFITS CLERK
Full Time -35.0 Hours per Week
Duration: One (1) Year Contract
- Successful completion of post secondary accounting/payroll certificate program, plus a minimum of three years related job experience in a computerized payroll environment, preferably dealing with multi-union and non-unionized payroll.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a variety of software applications, including but not limited to Ceridian Payroll Manager System, iSYSWorks, Access, Excel, BAS and Report Writer.
- Familiar with the year-end cycle for payroll, including T-4’s, T-4A’s, T-4 summaries, Teachers’ Pension and OMERS year-end reconciliation reports.
- Ability to perform month-end reconciliations and analyze general ledger account balances.
- Good working knowledge of a computerized environment utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, databases, human resource information systems, internet and e-mail.
- A high level of organizational and time-management skills, with attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as excellent telephone manners
- Demonstrated sound decision making skills involving the use of ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to function effectively with staff, outside agencies, members of the public and others.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Administer conditions of employment as it relates to Payroll, Pension and Benefit requirements for new staff, with emphasis on forms required.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and monthly benefit payments, including set-up, termination and calculation of deductions, pension contributions and remuneration.
- Process all employment changes as directed utilizing the HRIS system, including calculations for retro pay, statutory pay and SEB payments.
- Import electronic time-sheet entries and audit for accuracy and completeness prior to processing, providing adjustments as required. Liaise with HR staff and School Staff to resolve discrepancies as required.
- Audit, edit, and transmit on-line production reports, summarizing pay deductions including STLD, unpaid days, and other applicable unpaid day plans.
- Manage Deferred Salary Plan deductions including Pension requirements. Calculate and balance payments and withdrawals from the DSP Trust account.
- Process Garnishments and Family Support payments as required.
- Process Records of Employment for all breaks in service and provide current Service Canada information and requirements to applicable Employees.
- Maintain current knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency, Service Canada, Employment Standards Act and Employer Health Tax Regulations.
- Ensure payment schedules and processing timelines are in accordance with the relevant collective agreements.
- Prepare summary data used to complete reports for Ministry and Provincial Initiatives such as the Odyssey Program and the Public Service Sector Disclosure report.
- Review year-end summary reports, auditing for accuracy and completeness and prepare adjustments as required.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external audits and year-end reconciliations, including Discrepancy Reports, T-4’s, T-4A’s and T-4 summaries and CRA PIER Reports received after year-end.
- Manage required CRA Canada Pension Plan contribution elections for those approaching age 65.
- Maintain and update pension databases for new hires, leaves and terminations.
- Respond to inquiries from pension services
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter; and
If you require accommodation for reasons of disability in the application or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 519.756-.6505.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.