WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family . We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Elementary School is seeking applicants for the position of Vice-Principal. The position is a 1.0FTE administrator position.
The successful candidate will:
Duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Create your Make a Future profile
2. Complete all profile sections, including: Provincial Certificates, Qualifications, Education, Experience, and Questions
3. Complete and add all required application documents to your profile (see below)
4. Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student graduating in 2022, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Criminal Record Check (if you are outside of BC)
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics or Applicant Declaration for Non-Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
*** For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply now as we receive an influx of applications.