Swift Current Comprehensive High School
The Chinook School Division is seeking a dynamic, student-focused leader to be Principal of the Swift Current Comprehensive High School beginning August 30, 2021. SCCHS is a grade 9-12 school with approx. 952 students and 56 teachers.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Education degree is a minimum requirement
- Graduate level education would be considered an asset with specific training in areas such as supervision of instruction, program and curriculum development and administration.
- Knowledge and experience in educational leadership, professional learning communities, assessment, effective schools research and application to the work of school based administration.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to working as a member of the school division's educational leadership team
- Demonstrated ability to be a problem solver and to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated knowledge of current educational trends, methods and use of technology to enhance instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to create a school timetable and an ability to program to meet the needs of students.
- Demonstrated skills in community involvement and public relations including the ability to work cooperatively with parents, professionals and community service agencies.
- Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience.
- High degree of discretion and personal integrity with the ability to build and maintain relationships;
Successful applicants must agree to a criminal records check including a vulnerable sector search. Interested applicants are asked to Apply Online via the Chinook online employment page found at www.chinooksd.ca/Employment. Please upload a cover letter addressed to Ken Garinger, Superintendent of Human Resources (indicating competition #2631), a résumé, complete with 3 references by January 25, 2021 at 3:00PM. For more information about this position, please contact Acting Deputy Director of Education, Kathy Robson at 1-306-778-9200.
While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.