Invites applications for the position of:
Compliance and Budget Analyst
Exempt Level 6 $67,780 to $86,071
Under the direction of the Manager, Accounting and Financial Services, the Compliance and Budget Analyst will support the implementation of various corporate initiatives, perform school audits and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Board’s school finance systems and processes.
In addition, the Compliance and Budget Analyst will provide support to the Budget department in the preparation and review of the Board Operating Budget revenues and expenditures.
- Provide support to various departments and schools on corporate initiatives, including project management, communication plans, procedures and training.
- Develop and implement a multi-year audit plan that includes, but not limited to, enrolment, school generated funds, use of school budget and purchasing cards.
- Prepare, review and provide reports of the audit findings that includes recommendations and suggested timelines.
- Track and maintain audit findings and associated management responses and determine follow-up strategy.
- Develop an annual work plan that examines the adequacy and effectiveness of the school finance systems to ensure compliance with Board policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations
- Assist with the development of department budgets, forecasts, monitoring and analyzing variances.
- Track grantsrevenue and associated contracts following up on compliance status.
- Review and analyze budget transfer request, coding of transactions and preparation of Journal Entries to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Review and analyze enrolment data and provide assistance/training to schools to ensure compliance of student/enrolment data with the Ministry reporting guidelines.
- Assist in year-end activities and providing information required for audit purposes and ministry reporting.
- Assist with preparing reports of financial and operational data.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance
- Professional designation CPA or equivalent preferred
- 3 to 4 years of previous experience (preferably in the public sector and/or school board)
- Experience with audit procedures and documentation
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (in analyzing the Board’s expenditures, revenues and enrolment data)
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner and collaboratively in a team based environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Ministry of Education Funding Model and Ministry compliance requirements
- Advanced level proficiency and proven experience in MS Office, including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated technological proficiency with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of SAP would be an asset
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on May 29, 2020.
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Maria Marchese Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education