The Peel District School Board (PDSB) is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 150,000 students in over 250 schools. At PDSB, everything we do is designed to help all students achieve to the best of their ability. We have the incredible opportunity to inspire a smile in each student. Our collective, daily efforts make a positive difference in the lives of our students, their families and the world. Guided by our mission, vision and values, we build positive places for learning and working ... together at www.peelschools.org
We are currently accepting applications for an Occasional Adult Language Training (LBS) Instructors
Job Duties/Responsibilities and Details
We are seeking Occasional Adult Language Training (LBS) Instructors for our Occasional staffing pool
Instructors teach English and/or Mathematics, Literacy Level 2-4.
Experience and Qualifications
- Candidates must have the following qualifications/experience:
- Post Secondary education in English, Mathematics and/or Adult Education.
- Training in one or more of the following: adult education, curriculum development, literacy instruction, assessment, English as a Second Language.
- Experience instructing adults or training and knowledge of Employment Ontario, Second Career, Essential Skills, and the apprenticeship system an asset.
- Skill and experience working with adult learners with learning challenges.
- Experience with the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF) is an asset.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop daily individual learning activities for each learner in Literacy/Numeracy from Level 1 to Level 5
- Work with learners to identify realistic, attainable goals (short-term) and long-term learning goals as well as long-term employment or training goals.
- Assist learners in developing employment skills
Commitment to Equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equityable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as test and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
Criminal Record Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (CRC) prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements at the CRC link.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. All communication to applicants regarding this job posting, including an invitation to complete skills assessments and/or a job interview if applicable, will be made through email. Candidates are encouraged to regularly check their email as listed on their applytoeducation.com account.