The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board is recruiting certified OCCASIONAL TEACHERS for all our areas with a specific focus on the Northumberland area. Preference will be given to applicants with qualifications and experience in math or French (eg. Math/French AQ, major/minor in mathematics or French, involvement in math camps, French immersion) as well as demonstrated capacity/commitment to contribute to school life through co-curricular involvement such as experience with music (including choir or band), sports (including varsity teams), drama/arts. Additional preference will be given to candidates with primary, junior, intermediate AND Special Education qualifications.
Applicants MUST be available to work and must not mark themselves as unavailable for more than 100 days per school year once hired or risk being removed from the Occasional list. If you are currently working with another Board, please outline in your response to the questions below, how you will manage this requirement.
Work will be available in four geographical regions. Due to the large size of our Board, successful candidates are not expected to work in all geographical areas. Please note in your application the geographic area(s) in which you are applying to work.
- Western - Bowmanville/Courtice area
- Southern - Port Hope/Cobourg area
- Eastern - Brighton/Campbellford area - We are currently most in need for this area
- Northern - Peterborough area
If you currently reside more than 50km outside of the area(s) you select to work, please outline in your cover letter how you will manage this requirement.
Included in your application must be:
- cover letter (addressed to whom it may concern is fine)
- copy of your OCT certificate of qualification. If awaiting certification include copy of registration and make note under your qualifications, you are registered and awaiting certification.
- copy of any AQ course registration for courses not yet showing on OCT certification. Ensure these subjects are noted in your profile on ATEN under teachable subjects.
- a minimum of two and no more than four of your teaching practicum reports must be included in your application, if you are a new teacher graduate. If you are an experienced teacher, your latest performance evaluation must be included.
ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR ON-LINE APPLICATION. E-MAILED ATTACHMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OR INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, please understand that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Contact will be via the e-mail address on your applications, please ensure your application and resume are updated to match.
References: Include the full contact information for two references (preferably principals or associate teachers), one of whom must be your current supervisor will be requested at time of interview.
A police records check with vulnerable sector search and/or a search of the Pardoned Sexual Offenders' Database, valid within six months from date of hire is a condition of employment with the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Letters for police stations are available at our Education Centre reception at 1994 Fisher Drive in Peterborough should you wish to begin the process now.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board fully supports candidates with disabilities participating in our recruitment and selection procedures. Should you require accommodations during all or any part of these processes, please advise us in advance so that we may make the necessary arrangements.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In KPRDSB this means:
- Inviting all qualified applicants to apply for all external postings.
- Identifying and removing barriers in employment policies and practices to encourage full productivity in all aspects of employment.
- Preventing and prohibiting discrimination and harassment.
- Providing employment accommodation.
- Valuing the importance of diversity, fairness and equitable employment practices.
- Adhering to the Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working with the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please check your e-mail regularly as we will use e-mail for all correspondence.
Thank you for your interest in the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board.